A Mexican classic with the delicious tostadas from Tortilleria Taiyari made by Culinessa.
Tinga de pollo is a Mexican chicken dish that you let simmer. Not difficult at all, just put some love into your cooking and this will be a mind blowing dish. The secret? The Chipotles and adobo 🙂 Tostadas? You probably know tortillas, tacos and nachos? Tostadas are crispy baked tortillas, a bit thicker than commercially available tortilla chips.
Tinga de pollo recipe
Serves 4 people
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 350 grams of chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 400 grams tomatoes
- 1 can of Chipotle chiles in Adobo
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
How do you make Tinga de Pollo?
- Boil your chicken breast in enough water with the stock cube.
- Meanwhile, make the spicy red sauce.
- Chop the onion and squeeze the garlic.
- In a pan you heat a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onions in it until they are translucent and now add the pressed garlic.
- Once the garlic has also baked for a minute, add the peeled tomatoes along with the chipotle in adobo sauce.
- Finally add a cup of water to the whole and let it simmer.
- When the chicken is cooked, let it cool until you can pick it.
- Now add the plucked chicken to the whole and let it simmer for at least another half hour.
- Season with salt and pepper and possibly a little more chipotle in adobo sauce.
Serve the tostadas (build the tostada in this order)
- Tostadas from Tortilleria Taiyari
- Pureed black beans (refried beans)
- Tinga de pollo
- Feta cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Optional [Chipotles in adobo sauce for extra spice]
See original recipe from Culinessa here.